Founder & Co
The way we advise
I started GIRSZYN & CO in 2009 at the initial request of close business partners – private shareholders, family offices, entrepreneurs – all of whom committed in unlisted companies. The objective was to draw on my expertise built over the years as an executive director of 3i, a leading private equity firm and a pioneer in Europe.
With now 25 years of hands-on experience in private equity and a prime focus on complex situations, I advise and operate on behalf of private investors when it comes to unlock value from a stake, negotiate valuation and shareholder rights, guide due diligence, shape a customized portfolio or drive governance change.
Favouring tailored solutions and cost efficiency, I bring together my external partners on a case-by-case basis, where and when know-how is required: sector experts, digital doers, seasoned managers, head hunters, asset-based lenders, specialised lawyers. I have worked with each of them for a long time in various settings, delivering proven results.
The way we invest
Long-term and trust-based relationships with family offices and businesses regularly lead GIRSZYN & CO to process club deals with best practices. We are as well mandated to source, due diligence, execute and manage investments in small and medium-sized companies, serving a bespoke strategy of asset diversification or building on a sector platform.
Special situations are our DNA. Our qualified deal flow comes from our deep pool of French SMEs and intermediaries. We can also tap into opportunities abroad through a global network of family investment offices, actively engaged in private equity.
Our clients always retain the ultimate decision-making power.
And to create a strong alignment of interest, we like to co-invest alongside them.
Jerome Girszyn’s milestones
- Lead investment operator of complex buyouts, restructurings or carve-outs such as EDH (schools), SAFE (forging), DATEM (CRM services), CARRE BLANC (retail)
- Investor-appointed director in companies in upheaval such as CAP VITAL (homecare), CXP (IT research),
MOOD MEDIA (communication), CALVET (wine)
- Monitoring of primary buyouts or growth capital investments such as FITEC (training), BEL’M (doors), C2G (software), PREVOTE (logistics), TORDJMAN (safety), CIAT (air treatment)
- Inception of GIRSZYN & CO in 2009
- Partner at 3i, Paris branch (1997-2009)
- Early career at ARTHUR ANDERSEN (audit, restructuring)
- Founding member of A.R.E (French Association of Turnaround Professionals)
- INSEAD executive programs
- HEC graduate (1994)
In parallel with acting for private investors, GIRSZYN & CO serves on the credit committee of CAPZA TRANSITION. This €190m fund offers ad hoc financing solutions to companies facing a strategic turning point or recovering from a setback.